
I know I've been lax in updating, which is kind of sad this early in the blog's life, but I'm making up for it with an awesome-tacular band. The Lord Weird Slough Feg (who are now referred to officially as simply Slough Feg) hail originally from central Pennsylvania, USA, but are now located in California. This is one of those bands where you can recognize them immediately - from the Celtic-folk influences to Mike Scalzi's powerful, unique vocal delivery, this band really stands out. Their music is mainly heavy power metal with folk influences, but they do play around with some doom elements on their latest two albums. Any album is a fine one to start with if you've never experienced the band before, but my personal favorites are Down Among the Deadmen and Twilight of the Idols.
"I am a space pirate, you know my name..."
Self-Titled (re-release with bonus tracks) (1996)
Twilight of the Idols (1999)
Down Among the Deadmen (2000)
Traveller (2003)
Atavism (2005)
No comments:
Post a Comment