
I uploaded this album for somebody on the forum today, so I thought I'd throw it up here, too. Solitude Aeturnus are one of the pretty well-known bands in the doom scene, seeing as they've been around nearly as long as Candlemass. Based in Texas, they play traditional doom metal. I'd say they're a bit heavier than Candlemass, with a darker feel to them, rather than sorrowful. This is mostly due to Rob Lowe's vocals, which aren't operatic like Messiah's (but he does a wonderful job anyway). You may have heard the name Robert Lowe quite a lot recently, and that's because he just took up the spot as Candlemass's frontman after Messiah's second departure. You may have also heard rumours that he was due to be Nightwish's replacement for Tarja Turunen, but then they pussied out and brought in another pale chick. Booooo Nightwish. Anyway,
Through the Darkest Hour is the band's third album, and they definitely knew what they were doing. HEAVY, dark, and full of riffs to hold your attention. What more do you want from a doom band?
"Drowning lies in bottles of time
Shipwrecked for no one to see
Reaching as far to other worlds
Besieged by numbered days"
Through the Darkest Hour (1994)
No comments:
Post a Comment