
A bit of a deviation from usual on this post. Then again, NWOBHM led to power, speed, and thrash metal, so it's sort of just like going back to the roots, right? Anyway, Angel Witch were one of a multitude of NWOBHM bands. I don't really have a lot of information on them, to be honest, but I do know very good metal when I hear it, and this album is very good metal. Some have even called this the greatest NWOBHM album of all time. Very well-written riffs and solos, a great rocking vibe throughout the whole album. The vocals are nice - higher-ranged, but not a lot of shrieks. My personal favorite thing about this album is the guitar tone; particularly during the lead guitar parts. It just sounds perfect for NWOBHM. Note that this is the reissued album, with six extra bonus tracks. And you want all of them, believe me.
"I'm going to go insane if nothing happens soon
I look out at night to see your shadow by the moon"
Self-titled (reissue with six bonus tracks) (1980)
No comments:
Post a Comment